d(a).zindex is not a function

Can drive you crazy if it's really in form. Can fuse your every bit of good wits and you can start banging your forehead on your keyboard.

To the point:

Scenario: I was using jQuery UI datepicker. When I was generating the picker inline to a div, it was working correctly. But the moment I was binding it with a textfield, there you go:-

d(a).zindex is not a function

Which libraries were used in my header:

1) jquery.min.js
2) jquery.ui.datepicker.min.js


The reason:

I was selectively using just the datepicker portion from the entire UI library. And the problem was there itself. I overlooked the top portion of the jquery.ui.datepicker.min.js file which clearly stated this file had a dependency with jquery.ui.core.js

Solution:
I included jquery.ui.core.min.js (it could be jquery.ui.core.js either) among the scripts and there I was escaping the gravitational pull of the black hole namely 'd(a).zindex is not a function'

Hope this helps somebody who is equally confounded with this silly thing.

Cheers!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This helps a lot! I really appreciate your help in sharing this wonderful blog to me. My it consulting service team mates would like to send their thanks to you. Have a nice day!

Popular posts from this blog

uTorrent: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Khude Jajabor Istasi